Here’s what I tell AX colleagues about EMEA Convergence 2015 or better: What I tell them about „AX7“ – I leave out the happy hour 😉
- The new HTML5 client has a very clean, modern look. All the colorful action pane icons that were new in (AX2009 and) AX2012 are gone again.
- We see a “responsive design”: When you resize the window (manually, or use it on a device with a different scale), the control are reorganized nicely.
- All in all, the rendering / building of the forms seems to be a lot “calmer” than before. No flickering, no superfluous repaints.
- Dynalink / “follow-me” functionality is still available: From a list of records (former list page), you can still open a second (third etc.) related form whose content follows the record selection on the main list.
- Dialogs that open from a form, will “slide in” from the right side and cover a bit of the main form: This would be, f.ex. the dimension / offset dimension form on a general ledger journal, the dialog for posting a journal etc.
- One AX HTML client session can only have one main window! If you need, for example, the list of relevant purchase orders, the planned purchase orders and the invent table and stock on hand, you’ll open three AX sessions. Important to note: Microsoft is going to limit the number of sessions a user can open!